What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of information stored by your web browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox) on your computer (or laptop, phone, etc.) when you use our website. Cookies are used to provide customised content, access to the full functionality of the website and information on the use of the website.
By using our website, you agree that we can place cookies on your computer.
The cookies our website uses do not store any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify any particular user. All information about how you used our website is collected anonymously.
By accepting the cookies our website uses you help us to improve the user experience for you and many others. Please note that turning off cookies may limit your use of our website and the services provided.
- to check that cookies can be set
- to allow users to log in to the website
- to allow users to complete online forms
- to collect anonymous statistics relating to website visits
- to receive feedback, through a short survey, on the visitor's opinion and experience of our website
Some features on this website will not function if you do not allow cookies.
You can restrict or block cookies set by our website but this may limit your use of some functionality, such as filling in forms and getting access to password protected areas.
Oakengates Town Council uses third-party suppliers who also set cookies throughout our websites on our behalf to deliver the services that they are providing or to record usage. More information on the cookies we and our third party suppliers set can be found below.
What cookies do we use?
Types of cookies
We use both 'Session Cookies', which expire once you close your web browser, and 'Persistent Cookies', which stay on your computer until they expire or you delete them - examples of both are below:
- Session Cookie - where you login to a website and it remembers that you are logged in as you navigate the website. When you close the browser the cookie is deleted, as a result when visiting the website again you would need to log in again.
- Persistent Cookie - if you were prompted to take part in a website survey and you completed the survey a persistent cookie would be stored on your computer to record that you have completed that survey. This would prevent you being prompted with the survey each time you visited the website.
Cookies set when visiting www.oakengates-tc.gov.uk
__utmz Purpose: keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine you used, what link you clicked on, what keyword you used, and where they were in the world.
__utma Purpose: This cookie keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.
redux_current_tab Purpose: Cookie to improve the user movement in the site.
wp-settings-1 Purpose: used to check whether your web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies.
wp-settings-time-1 Purpose: used to check whether your web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies.
wordpress_test_cookie Purpose: used to check whether your web browser is set to allow, or reject cookies.
_lscache_vary Purpose: store the user’s login status, and the role of current user is, and if it has admin bar showing or not.
moove_gdpr_popup Purpose: When this Cookie is enabled, these Cookies are used to save your Cookie Setting Preferences.